Minitek FAQ Book Pro - 'Ask a Question' modification Under review

I am planning to buy your Minitek FAQ Book Pro. I think it looks great. However there is one thing that lets it down and I was wondering if there was any chance you could look at it.  In the section 'Ask a Question', the 'Topic' dropdown looks extremely cluttered when it shows a long list of topics and children topics.

My intention is to build a comprehensive QA section on my site with many sections.
This means there will be a lot of 'Topics' and lots of 'Children Topics'.
If they are ALL listsed as they are now, it will be a long and confusing list. And looks terrible!

Is it possible to somehow have Topic dropdown which autopopulates children drop downs. You already have a way of navigating through topics and children topics on your main page on the left. That is so neat!

146 views  •  Asked 6 months ago  •  by maz
Edited 6 months ago

2  Answers

Hi Yanis. Thank you for your reply.

"Maybe an auto-complete feature would be best, typing some letters would display relevant topics."

The problem here is that when someone wants to ask a question, they do not necessarily know which topic categories exist in the first place. (These are created by admin and would be hidden from the user at this point, when the user just sees a form for the first time to input a question).

When they want to ask a question they should see all the topic categories which are available to them so they can choose and add a question to them there. Users cannot guess these topic names... even if autocomplete was available, it wouldn't help them. They wouldn't know what the topic categories are called.

In my opinion there just needs to be a simple drop down to select a 'top level topic'. When selected, another dropdown appears showing level 2 children topics. Select a level 2 topic and another dropdown appears showing level 3 children topics, and so on. 

This would be much simpler and because it is just an 'entry form' it doesnt necessarily need to be 'animated' like the one you already have.

Answered 6 months ago  •  by maz
Edited 6 months ago

Hi there,

Thank you for the feedback.

Yes, this is a good idea. However, an animated navigation in children topics would be very complicated.

Maybe an auto-complete feature would be best, typing some letters would display relevant topics.

Edit: I'm moving this to the Features Request section.

Answered 6 months ago  •  by Yannis
Edited 6 months ago

Please login to post an answer

Search